The Tulsa Wedding Show
2023 Wedding Trends for Tulsa Brides at the January Wedding Expo
Besides great freebies and chances to win fabulous door prizes, most brides go to wedding expos to get ideas. At the Tulsa Wedding Show, the grand exhibitor’s hall of the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel was full of vendors showing off all the Tulsa area has to offer brides in 2023. From mouthwatering food trends to cool wedding guest gifts, the different wedding ideas were flowing at the January Wedding Expo! Your team at PLN Resort + Venue was there not only showing off our venue, but taking notes. Here are FIVE of our favorite ideas for the upcoming season:
- Grazing Tables: similar to charcuterie boards, but cooler. Your guests can snack on all of your favorite foods (beyond cheese, meat and crackers). Think sushi, grandma’s cookies, donuts, hot wings, egg rolls…anything goes on this culinary work of art. Click Here for more food trends!
- Proposal Videos and Photo Montages: most people think long and hard about the perfect way to propose to their significant other, and the story deserves to be told at your wedding. Having an area next to where your guests sign in that highlights your proposal story both honors the thought that went into it and gives your guests something to do while they wait to sign their name in the guest book. Click here for proposal ideas!
- Unique Wedding Party Gifts: sure, it is a gift to be included in your wedding, but brides in 2023 are personalizing gifts to both thank and help their wedding party remember how important they were on the special day. Our favorite new ideas were: Custom illustrations, Curated Wine Tasting Flight Experiences, Themed Candles, Monogramed Glasses, and Personalized Globe Glasses.
- Disposable Cameras: give every guest a chance to help tell your wedding story from a unique perspective. By leaving disposable cameras at every place setting with a label explaining that your guests are to take pictures and leave the camera, you will also provide an activity to get everyone involved and give them something to do while they wait for the buffet line to down. Watch here to see what we mean!
- Minimalist White: from white flower center pieces to simple white string lights, the minimalist trend helps your guests focus on the emotions and people without being distracted by the decorations. We love the modern vibes of this trend that only includes what is essential to you and is not concerned with keeping-up with elaborate traditions. Click here for mor minimalist ideas!
If you missed the January Wedding Expo, you can still catch us and get more trending ideas at the next Tulsa Wedding Show on July 30, 2023. We hope to see you there!